(Rev. UPDATE 6/30/2020)
What information do we collect?
We collect the following categories and types of “Personal Information”:
- Contact Information: name, address, email, phone number;
- Other identifying information: your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices, unique personal identifier, loyalty number, password, security question and answer;
- Financial information: credit card and debit card information;
- Demographic information: gender, age/birthday and professional or employment information.
- Commercial information: records of previous orders or gift cards purchased by you.
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our Site, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information.
- Your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information.
- Audio recordings: of your voice to the extent you call us, as permitted under applicable law.
- Inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes in order for us to create a profile about you.
How do we use your Personal Information?
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track your orders, gift card purchases or account registration;
- Communicate with you about your food orders or account registration; and
- Process any account registration you make to one of our Services.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet or other electronic activity, commercial information, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new services and offers through our eClub program;
- Provide you with targeted advertising;
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes,
- Provide you with our Rewards Program including earning points, certificates and coupons; and
- Provide you with other information from and about our Company, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Site and Services: We use your contact information, commercial information, audio recordings, and internet or other electronic activity to:
- Provide you with the Site and Services, including to send you alerts about your account;
- Maintain your choice of Services and customer logs;
- Enhance our service to you;
- Handle your customer services requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our restaurants, Site and apps.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to protect the Site and Services, our Company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
What are our sources for Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect contact and demographic information directly from you. We also collect payment information from you.
- We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies section below.
What categories of third parties do we share your Personal Information with?
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, payment processing, data storage and management, marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with our Company.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
If we are required by court order, a lawfully issued subpoena, or are otherwise required by law, we will disclose your information to the extent required. We may also disclose your information to protect the safety, property, or rights of our Company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to provide for the secure transmission of information from your PC to our servers using encryption software. We accept user comments, on-line employment applications, resumes and gift card orders only from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This means you will be unable to inadvertently submit an online order through an unsecured connection. Please note that information sent to us by any means other than one of the built-in forms on our Site will not necessarily be sent through an encrypted or secured location. Furthermore, it is commonly known that information transferred over the Internet is never 100% secure. Although we endeavor to protect the privacy of information you have shared with us, you acknowledge and agree that there are security and confidentiality risks associated with the Internet which are beyond our control and that the safekeeping of information exchanged between us over the Internet cannot be absolutely guaranteed.
Notice To/ Regarding Children Under the Age of 13
The Site and Services are intended for users who are 13 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from or about children under 13 except as permitted by law. If we discover we have received any information from a child under 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe Islands has any information from or about anyone under 13, please contact us at the address listed below.
To enhance your experience with Islands, our server may use "cookies" or “anonymous identifiers” to store users’ preferences. Cookies are messages sent between Islands and your browser which are saved as text files on your computer to identify your computer and web browser. Anonymous identifiers are random strings or characters that are used for the same purpose as cookies. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other Personal Information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, requesting email alerts or additional information. However, once you choose to furnish our Site with Personal Information, this information may be linked to the data stored in cookies.
Users may customize their browsers to not accept cookies. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from our Site, you will still be able to view the text on our web pages. However, without "cookies" enabled, users will not be able to experience personalized visits to the our Site or subscribe to any service offerings on our Site. Some of our Service Providers may use their own cookies, anonymous identifiers, or other tracking technology in connection with the services they perform on our behalf.
We use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to provide personalized advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Advertising and Online Tracking
Links to other Web Sites
Integration with Third-Party Services or Platforms
Managing Your Information Preferences
Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
California Consumer Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA Rights”). This Section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with our Company.
CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know
You can request what Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
You can request the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
You can also request the following categories of information:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Information.
Right to Deletion
You can also request that we delete your Personal Information. We may not delete all of your Personal Information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
We will also maintain a record of your CCPA Rights requests.
Please note that if we delete your Personal Information, many of our services will not work the same. For example, your previous opt out requests will not be saved, you will lose accumulated loyalty points and rewards and will no longer be a part of our loyalty program, you will no longer have an account (and will have to checkout as a guest for future orders, unless you create a new account), and saved preferences and information will no longer be available (both on the website and the mobile application).
To submit a request to know, please visit https://www.islandsrestaurants.com/california-information-request and to submit a request to delete, please visit https://www.islandsrestaurants.com/california-deletion-request]. To verify your identity for a request to know or a request to delete, please first provide your email address and follow the steps to validate your email. For a request to delete, you must also provide us with your full name. For a request to know, you must also provide us with your two of the following pieces of information: your first and last name, loyalty number, type of payment and brand if credit/gift card for the last purchase that you made, and the last four digits of credit/gift card. You can also make either request by phone, by calling us toll free at (888) 263-7811. To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information that We Sell
We may “sell” (as sell is defined in CCPA) the following categories of Personal Information:
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal law;
- Internet/electronic activity;
- Commercial information; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, preferences, behavior and attitudes.
We “sell” your Personal Information to digital advertising networks. We do not knowingly sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
Right to Opt Out of Sale
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties, as “sale” is defined under CCPA.
To submit a request to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, please visit https://www.islandsrestaurants.com/california-opt-out-request or call us toll free at (888) 263-7811. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name and email address to email@example.com.
We participate in digital advertising networks to deliver advertising that is tailored to your interests. The participation in certain ad networks can constitute a “sale” of Personal Information under CCPA. In order to opt out of this activity, please visit optout.aboutads.info and optout.networkadvertising.org.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
We offer various financial incentives. The terms of the financial incentive will be presented to you at the time you sign up. You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by unsubscribing to our email marketing by vising our website. The value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated the value of the incentive by using the expense related to the offer.
If you have any questions or comments about our personal information practices or about this privacy statement, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com or call us as at (888) 263-7811.