Islands Restaurants, LLC
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
This Privacy Notice is provided by Islands Restaurants, LLC., including our subsidiaries and affiliates, (collectively “we”, “us”, “our”) to our job applicants applying to work in any of our facilities who are residents of California (“you”, “yours”). This Notice, which is being provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), describes the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for their use in the course of your application with us. Nothing in this Notice shall be interpreted to create a relationship of employment where one does not otherwise exist at law.
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact information: your first and last name, any alias you use, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Demographic information: gender, and race;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your click and browsing history;
- Employment information: employment history, education information, professional license, and education;
- Audio and visual information: security camera recordings in our restaurants or facilities; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
Categories of Use
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Hiring Purposes: We use your contact information, other identifying information, demographic information, employment information, audio and visual information, and inferences to:
- Recruit and hire you
- Perform investigations and background checks
- Provide HR services
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet or other electronic activity, and demographic information to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services: We use your contact information and internet or other electronic activity to monitor and improve the services we provide to you.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, employment information, audio and visual information, and inferences to protect you, our company, others and property and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal: We use your contact information, other identifying information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to:
- Comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements
- Defend our company in and protect our company, property, and others through legal proceedings
- Corporate Transactions: We use your contact information, other identifying information, employment information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to complete a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information is among the assets transferred.
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact your point of contact in our Human Resources department.