Islands COVID-19 Updates
March 17, 2020
Dear Valued Guests and Team Members,
Since last week when the U.S. ordered a national health emergency due to the COVID-19 virus, Islands Restaurants quickly worked to understand and implement the crucial, ever evolving and wide-reaching impacts to the service to our guests.
The safety and health of our guests, team members and the communities we serve is our top priority. Islands Restaurants in jurisdictions where we have most of our restaurants have transitioned to only take-out, curbside pickup and delivery services until it is safe and allowable to return to full service. Other of our restaurants have instituted mandated and non-mandated measures such as social distancing (50% occupancy controls). We continue to follow all guidelines of the CDC and local public health authorities, as they evolve.
Although some dining rooms will be closed temporarily, our team members remain dedicated to serve our communities throughout the current COVID-19 outbreak. We encourage you, your family and friends to please utilize our take-out services. We appreciate the support in these challenging times.
This is a challenging time for everyone in the United States and around the world. We are actively working to do our part to protect the health and safety of our guests and team members.
We appreciate your understanding. Please check our website for any other updates at www.islandsrestaurants.com.
We thank you for your loyalty and support.
Islands Restaurants, L.P.
March 13, 2020
To Our Valued Guests,
At Islands Restaurants, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of our guests and team members. That has never been more true than today as we face the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We’re writing to share with you some of the additional measures we are taking—on top of our already-stringent safety and cleanliness standards—to ensure that our restaurants remain a safe place to dine and work during this time:
- We have formed an internal team to monitor updates and recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state and local public health departments. This team is responsible for proactively communicating with our team leaders at the restaurant level to ensure that our procedures and practices meet or exceed all recommended guidelines.
- Sanitization, safety and health processes are reviewed with the restaurant staff every day prior to each shift.
- We are following a comprehensive cleaning and sanitization process that includes a vigilant and enhanced procedure for disinfecting all hard surfaces, tabletops, doors and handles.
- We have provided up-to-date tools for our team members to help them stay clean, healthy and informed.
- We are re-enforcing our current policy of requiring team members to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We have re-emphasized our internal training to focus on frequent and proper hand-washing and personal hygiene.
- All produce is washed daily in an FDA and EPA-approved cleaning solution.
- Our kitchen staff always wear gloves when handling food to ensure there is no cross-contamination.
- All team members have a state-approved Food Safety Handler Certification.
We also want to remind you that you can always order online or through our mobile app and we’ll have your order waiting for you curbside (in most locations).
If you prefer to enjoy a meal at home or work, we’ll bring your order right to your doorstep with delivery from DoorDash. We will continue to monitor any changes in guidelines issued by the CDC and/or local health authorities.
We understand the uncertainty brought in by these events and the hesitation you may have when choosing to go out to dine. Please be assured that we are doing everything in our power to provide you a very safe place to dine.